Monday, March 28, 2011

A Handful of Love

I've taken a handful before
I wasn't afraid
At the time.

Do you know what it's like
To force yourself
To Breathe.

To feel so calm,
And at peace,
To not miss a breath,

So content and rested
That not to take it
feels as good as taking it.

I have felt so at love;
Like a hundred massaging hands
Carrying me overhead.

I've walked not feeling
My feet touch the ground,
And turned my head without a wince.

I've counted my beats
And held my breath out of jealous pride,
Loving the loss of the hold
A small part of me had.
And felt a drum
In the back of my head
Say
Now...

And I breathe,
Feel the life swell my chest,
And feel at that moment
That I own time.
And I exhale,
And I wait again.

No pain, no hurry
Just my drummer
And a warm hand to my face
Like the one I wanted
But never met.

I always love it when I meet me,
But it always takes a handful,
To make me listen,
And count the beats;
Remind me to breathe,
Remind me to see,
Remind me to be
Me.

It only takes a handful.

No comments:

Post a Comment