Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 and what I learned last year

Early on I learned about facebook thanks to the powers that be that were trying to organize our 25th year high school reunion or as I like to call it, Brett's drunken night out. So thanks for that Lisa Cook and Keith Dillon. It's awakened the frustrated writer in me again.

I learned that we human people can get parvo viruses too! Hell, you beat the fever and you come out of that, only to get the rash. Then you itch like hell but then you beat the rash too, only to have the most ungodly joint pain you've ever had in your life!

I gobbled street vicodin like a fiend and was left alone in a house where I really had trouble feeding myself for one weekend. Anyway, they call it fifths disease and it was no fun.

I also learned that chicken pox can come back to haunt you! I thank my immune system for beating it in the second or third grade AND for keeping this new hell out of sight of the rest of the world though it looks now like someone shot my right butt cheek with a .410 shotgun.

I learned that money can buy happiness. We've always known it; it's only the ones who do not posses it who say it cannot buy happiness. I reckon I always knew that.

I'm in a poetic mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment